Azealia Banks is new face of T by Alexander Wang
More Azealia Banks is new face of T by Alexander Wang
- Emmys 2012 Fashion Round-Up: Best-Dressed, Worst-Dressed & Trends Of Note
- Gucci's Spring 13 collection shows Milan Fashion Week what Italian fashion is all about
- London Fashion Week: Burberry Prorsum Spring 2013 RTW
- Vivienne Westwood's climate revolution at London Fashion Week
- London Fashion Week: Mary Katrantzou Spring 2013 RTW
- Liberty Ross walks in Alexander Wang's glowing SS13 runway show
- Diane Von Furstenberg shows Google glasses at her SS13 runway show
- Victoria Beckham revamps her strict chic aesthetic for SS13
A collision of energies
Azealia Banks has been named as the new face of T by Alexander Wang‘s Fall 2012 collection.It is well-known that Wang and Banks are friends – they attended the Met Gala together in May – but now the two have taken their relationship a step further and fused their creative juices to create a promotional music video for the T by Alexander Wang line.
Two friends collaborating
Speaking to Style.com about the singer, Alexander gushed;
“She exudes a certain rawness that makes her a very unique talent… I loved working with her on this video for T Fall 2012, and think the collaboration captures a collision of energies.”
Directed by Daniel Jackson and styled by Alaister McKimm, the ad features Azealia rapping ‘Van Vogue’ – a banging track from her recent EP 1991. With stylized editing and Azealia’s kick-ass performance, it gives off a young, fresh, sexy feel – perfect for T by Alexander Wang, which is Wang’s diffusion line. As rep for the label, Banks is following in the footsetps of US DJ Diplo and South African freak-rap-group Die Antwoord.